A widely applicable rubric for public speaking or presentations at any level and any topic.
This rubric utilizes the following criteria:
- Statement of purpose: Does the presentation introduce and state the purpose or topic of the presentation?
- Content organization: How well is the content organized and does it flow?
- Support of ideas: How well are the presentation themes or main ideas supported?
- Use of examples/evidence: How well do the examples/evidence provided support the presentation topic?
- Summary of main ideas: How well does the presentation's summary reinforce the main themes or ideas?
- Poise and demeanor: How well prepared does the presenter appear to be?
- Clarity of speech: How clearly does the presenter present his/her ideas?
- Use of appropriate vocabulary: How well does the presenter incorporate topically-specific terminology?
- Use of tone, pacing, and volume: How appropriate is the presenter's tone, pace, and volume in presenting the topic?
- Engagement of audience: How well does the presenter engage the audience?
This rubric is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Submitted by: Turnitin