Technology Enhances Learning in Survey of 40K
Scholastic and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation published a report presenting the results of a national survey of 40,000 public school teachers from pre-K to 12th grade.
The survey identified five broad solution areas to address the challenges facing schools today and to help ensure that all students achieve at their highest levels:
- Establish Clear Standards, Common Across States
- Use Multiple Measures to Evaluate Student Performance
- Innovate to Reach Today’s Students
- Accurately Measure Teacher Performance and Provide Non-Monetary Rewards
- Bridge School and Home to Raise Student Achievement
To view the entire report and watch a replay of their live webcast that discusses the findings, visit: http://www.scholastic.com/primarysources/
One series of questions asks teachers to gauge the effectiveness of various forms of educational material. The folks from GOOD Worldwide created the infographic below on how technology enhances learning.
Key findings that resonate with the use of Turnitin:
- 95% of respondents said digital resources such as classroom technology and web-based programs engage students in learning.
- 93% of respondents said digital resources such as classroom technology and web-based programs help students' academic achievement.