Account Student Limits
Turnitin accounts are purchased with account student limits. The student limit determines the number of students allowed to be enrolled in active classes within the account. The student number is counted by the number of unique e-mail addresses enrolled in active classes. This means that students can join multiple classes using the same email address (through the "enroll in a class" tab in their accounts) and will only be counted once towards the student limit. However, students who enroll in the same class repeatedly or enroll in different classes using multiple e-mail addresses (creating a new user profile each time) will be counted towards the student limit multiple times. If your account has reached the student limit sooner than expected, Turnitin instructors should review their class student lists and drop the extra accounts of students who have enrolled in the same class multiple times. Please note only Turnitin instructors can view student lists and drop students from classes.
How instructors view the student list to find multiple enrollments
- Click on the class name on the instructor homepage
- Click the students tab.
- Click student name above the list of names to alphabetize the list.
- Find the repeated student names.
- Click the trash can icon next to the instance of the student you would like to drop.
- Click OK to confirm the drop.
Instructors should also review their class list and expire any active classes they are no longer using. For information regarding how to expire a class, please view our article on resetting class end dates.
- One method for avoiding issues with students enrolling in classes multiple time is for instructors to change the class enrollment password after students have finished enrolling. For information on changing class enrollment passwords, please view our article on class enrollment information.
- If you are an administrator interested in extending your student limit, please contact your Turnitin sales representative.