Creating a Class
Only instructor level users can create classes in Turnitin. Instructors must create classes and assignments before students can enroll and begin using Turnitin. Instructors create classes using the "add a class" tool on their instructor homepage.
How to create a class
- Click on the add a class button on your homepage
- Enter a name and enrollment password for the class
- Use the date pull down menus to set the class end date
- Click submit to create the class
- Students will need the seven digit class id and enrollment password to enroll in a class. The class id will be listed to the left of the class name on the instructor's homepage.
- Class enrollment passwords are case sensitive.
- For information on adding sections or TAs to classes please read our article on creating master classes and sections.
- For information on assignment creation, please view our article on creating assignments.
- For information on using Quick Submit to submit papers as an instructor without creating classes or assignments, please view our article on Quick Submit.
- For more information on getting started using Turnitin, please view our training video on how to create a class.