For privacy and security reasons, Turnitin user login passwords cannot be released. If a user forgets his or her login password, the user must use the Forgot Password? link on the Turnitin homepage to reset the password.
If the user is an instructor who has not yet signed in to his or her account, the administrator can resend the activation e-mail to the instructor from the account instructor list.
How to resend the instructor activation e-mail
- Click the instructor icon to the right of the account name
- Click the pink highlighted date to the left of the instructor's name
- Review the instructor e-mail address and click submit to resend the activation e-mail
If the user is a student who has not yet signed into his or her account the class instructor can resend the activation e-mail to the student from the class student list.
How to resend the student activation e-mail
- Click the class name on the instructor homepage.
- Click the students tab.
- Click the pink highlighted date to the left of the student's name.
- Re-enter the student information and e-mail address then click submit to resend the activation e-mail.
- If a pink highlighted date does not appear to the left of the user's name in the instructor or student list, the user has previously signed into Turnitin and will need to reset his or her password using the Forgot Your Password link.
- If the user does not remember his or her secret question and answer (in Password Help), he or she can choose to have a reset link e-mailed to the e-mail address associated with the account by clicking on the link marked "click here to have a password reset link emailed to you" located above the secret question pull down menu. Please note as the password reset link is e-mailed by an automailer, some e-mail providers may filter the reset link e-mail as spam. Users should check their junk or spam e-mail folders for the password reset link e-mail.
- Users with invalid e-mail addresses associated with their accounts must remember their secret questions and answers to reset their passwords.
- If the user has previously used Turnitin, the user should use his or her previous login password to sign in.