Viewing Source Text
The Originality Report will list the matching sources found for a paper on the right side of the report. Each of the sources listed will contain a link to the source in the database. These links can be used to view the text of the listed source.
How to view source text
- Click on the class name
- Click on the "View" link to the right of the assignment name
- Click on the Originality Report icon
- Click on the source link
- Click on the link in the top left of the pop-up window that appears to be redirected to the live website where the match was found
- Click on the "Expand to Full Text" link in the top right of the pop-up window to view the Full Source Text within the sidebar
- The full text of the matching source will load into the sidebar
- Click on the X button to close out of the Full Source Text view
- For information on viewing a side-by-side comparison between the source text and the paper text, please view our article on switching between viewing modes in Originality Reports.
- If the source listed is an active webpage, the source link will direct the user to the source's website.
- If the source listed is a paper in another instructor's class the source link will direct the user to a page to request permission to view the source paper.