The student list page allows an instructor to access the class portfolio (a collection of submissions, Originality Reports, peer reviews, and marked papers for the class) for each student, drop or add students, block students from accessing the class, or contact the list of students individually or via e-mail.
Access to the student list for a class is gained by clicking the "students" tab on the tab column.
Student Page Features
The features of the student home page include:
- view student class portfolio - click on the name of a student to visit the class portfolio for the student
- e-mail a student - click on the e-mail address of any student to open a mail window in the user’s default e-mail program
- e-mail all students - click the e-mail all students link to compose and send an e-mail to all students in the class
- lock/unlock a student - students can be locked or unlocked from a class once they have logged into Turnitin with their user profile. Click on the lock icon to toggle the student from unlocked (lock not closed) to locked (lock closed) if needed. When a student is locked, the student profile can no longer access the class
- remove a student - click on the drop icon to the right of the student e-mail address to remove the student from a class. Accidentally dropped students may be re-added manually but must be added under the same e-mail address to regain access to the previous submissions which were made.
Warning: Students should be dropped from a class only if the instructor is absolutely certain that the student user profile and its submissions are no longer needed. Dropped students cannot re-add themselves to the class even with the class ID and enrollment password