Creating a New User Profile
If an instructor has added the student to a course and the student has received the automated notification e-mail containing a temporary password or if the student has used Turnitin previously and has an existing user profile, continue down to the "Logging In" section.
Warning: A class ID and enrollment password are required to enroll in a class on Turnitin. This information may only be provided by the instructor of the class. Turnitin cannot provide a class ID or enrollment password in any circumstances. If you do not have this information contact the class instructor.
To create a user profile:
- Go to www.turnitin.com and click on the "Create account" link next to the "Sign In" button
- Click on the "student" link
- The "Create a New Turnitin Student Account" form must be completed to create a new student user account
- Enter the class ID number and the case sensitive Turnitin class enrollment password
- Enter the user first name, last name, and a valid e-mail address to use as the login for Turnitin
- Create a user password. The user password must be between six and twelve characters long and contain at least one letter and one number. Re-enter the password to confirm it
- Select a secret question from the drop-down menu. Enter the answer for the question. Remember and keep this information. The answer is case and space sensitive
- Review the user agreement. To continue using Turnitin, click on "I agree -- create profile"
- From the completed user profile creation page, click on "Log in to Turnitin"
Note: If step 6 indicates that the e-mail provided is already in Turnitin, there is an existing profile under the e-mail you entered. Please use the Resetting Your Password instructions, if the password has been forgotten, to gain access to the user profile if you had a previously existing Turnitin user profile, or use an alternate e-mail address for your Turnitin access.
To begin using Turnitin, you must first log in. During login a cookie will be set on your web browser to allow Turnitin to authorize your access during use of the site. Please ensure that the web browser program you are using will allow this cookie to be set. Please refer to the help or support information for your web browser for more information on allowing cookies from our site, www.turnitin.com.
If you are logging into a profile using a temporary password received via e-mail, you will be required to confirm your user information and set a personal password and secret question/answer information. The password selected will be required to log into the user profile, replacing the temporary password from the e-mail.
To login to Turnitin:
- Go to www.turnitin.com
- At the top right enter the e-mail address and password associated with your Turnitin student user account in the appropriate fields
- Click the "Sign In" button to log into the student homepage